Because I love lists and neat, tidy, closure, here's a recount of what I did and didn't do.
1. Do my taxes. Do them twice (the ones I missed and the ones that are coming).
Did it. Not a big deal. Must remember: not a big deal! Just do it! √
2. Get some shoes custom-made. Like these ones perhaps.
3. Continue my journey through the chakras.
Still doing it. I'm not as focused on this project as I was, but I have not stopped. The solar plexus chakra has been a bitch for me. I really want to step into my power, but also seem to sabotage myself in some silly ways. √
4. Visit Vietnam.
I'm writing this blog post from a hotel in Ho Chi Minh City. √
5. Get my scuba diving certificate.
Very proud that I did this and, wow, am I ever glad I did. If you have not, people, you should. And I don't like telling people what to do usually. If you can do it here, even better. Dream come true, for reals. √
6. Finish Haruki Murakami's "1Q84".
That was some weird shit man. √
7. Make 3 recipes from "Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking".
Done. I highly recommend this cookbook! √
8. Make meditation a daily habit.
9. Finish the course on Buddhism.
10. Visit Myanmar.
We were going to do this last Christmas, but decided to move towns at that time instead. So, no.
11. Visit Thailand.
No. However we spent 5 weeks in Indonesia -- that counts for something.
12. Go to the zoo.
Yes. We visited the Angkor Center for Conservation of Biodiversity. It was great! √
13. Visit 3 places in Cambodia I've never been before.
14. Go on a yoga retreat.
Nope. I crave this though.
15. Increase my skill and output in some artistic medium (photography, drawing, water colour, and oil pastel are the first that come to mind).
Yes, but not what I was expecting. This year I added Graphic Designer to my resumé and have learned a ton about using Illustrator, and have created some graphics I'm quite pleased with. √
16. Skype with all my dearest friends at least once.
I about 1/2 did this.
17. Finish "2012 Creating Your Goddess Year Workbook".
I did, and I really liked doing it. Will do again for 2014. √
18. Get a bikini wax. (I've never been waxed before!)
Yes. Ouch. √
19. Watch 10 of the Top 500 Films that I've never seen before, like this one, and this one.
I did indeed watch 'Raging Bull' and 'Night of the Hunter'. Both fantastic. Also from that list, 'Goodfellas' and 'Imitation of Life'. So 40% done.
20. Feed 300 kids one meal by making a donation and volunteering my time if it's wanted.
I didn't :(
21. Finish working through this workbook...
For the most part, done. √
22. ...and this workbook.
Didn't even start.
23. Reveal my naked voice.
Nope, not at all.
24. Level-up my Tarot readings and give 5 in-person empowering, interactive, counselling style readings.
Nope. My professional life moved into a whole new direction and I think I only did like 2 email readings last year.
25. Have some nice photos taken of me by a friend or professional.
I took some great selfies, and I'm my own friend, so: √
26. Do a traditional Cambodian photo shoot with my love.
27. Join a book club.
I joined one, but then I moved towns, so I started one in my new town. Yay me! √
28. Do a Zumba class.
Yes, just once. Did not love it. √
29. Speak publicly, either in-person or in a video about something I am passionate about. Possibly a Tarot class...
30. Create and sell or give-away an e-book.
31. Get a Tarot reading from one of my Tarot heroes.
Yes! Theresa, she's the bomb! √
32. This one sucks, but its gotta be done. Visit the Killing Fields and S21.
I didn't do this, but yesterday, on my birthday, went to the War Remnants Museum here in Ho Chi Minh City. Extremely devastating and horrible and like totally wtf?! How can people do that to one another?
I found one, and had my eye on it for a long time, then my love bought it for me for my birthday. √
34. Update my personal style by trashing/donating the clothes I do not love and replacing them with lovely treasures.
This is a work-in-progress, but I've done well so far. √
35. And here's the mother of them all, which I'm oh so very excited about: Get my Kundalini Yoga Teacher Certification!
This goal was based on living in a city with a kundalini yoga centre, and then I moved. So did not do. Might be something for later in life... I don't know.
So 18/35. Not too shabby. I think it was helpful writing them down like this. I notice that a lot of the things I didn't do were activities of a spiritual nature, which is very much where I was coming from at the end of 2012, but life took some twists and turns, and I ended up focusing a lot more on my work and developing the company I own with my partner. So, I achieved a lot, but not necessarily the things I thought I would.
I'm not going to make a list of goals this year. I want to focus more on feeling the way I want to feel rather doing specific things.
Thanks for reading!
I'd love to learn your goals/accomplishments/personal vision/whatever! I am curious about you, seriously! Share your blog URL or thoughts in the comments.